What are Investment Management Services and How Do You Benefit?
Investment management services include buying, selling and handling financial assets on behalf of a client. It is often referred to as a stock portfolio, and asset or wealth management. This includes the development of short and long-term strategies for wealth structuring in reference to taxes, banking, acquiring shares, selling those and ensuring the best return on investment for the client.
People often think of wealth management as only relevant to high-income individuals and corporations, when it is as relevant to the young professional who has just entered the job market as it is for someone with a large asset base, and who is near their retirement date.
Key components of investment management services
The financial advisor, stockbroker, banker or wealth planner works towards reaching the client’s investing and income return goals, whether the client is an individual or corporation. Typical products forming part of the service offering include, but are not limited to:
- Retirement planning.
- Existing portfolio monitoring.
- Selection of shares/stocks.
- Analysis of the client’s financial statements.
- Managing securities, including commodities, property, and bonds, etc.
- Acquiring, selling, monitoring and managing the real asset portfolio that can include from precious metals to art pieces.
- Alignment of investing practices to the retirement plan of the individual.
Have a look at our comprehensive range of services here.
The financial advisor’s role is to help the client get a solid return on their investments. If you are an individual wanting to make provision for an early retirement or in need of estate planning that will benefit your children, you will benefit from our investment management services.
Take action – Find an advisor near you today to help you get started.
In doing so, you will be able to avoid these common investment mistakes:
- Not creating achievable long- and short-term ROI goals.
- Investing without any type of strategy.
- Investing based on the recommendations of friends or family members.
- Failing to diversify your portfolio.
- Buying stock/shares based solely on the reputation of a company.
- Not accounting for inflation.
- Letting emotion interfere with sound decision making.
- Wanting to double or triple your money within a short period.
- Changing from one stock portfolio to another often or at the wrong time.
We will help you determine the best plan for your particular situation. To start, answer the following questions:
- How much do you want to invest?
- Do you want to invest a lump sum or do so over several years?
- Is security in the long-term more important than ROI?
- What level of risk is acceptable for you?
- Do you need help with estate planning?
- How many years from now do you want to retire?
- Do you want to re-invest your retirement payout?
Everyone’s situation is different and that’s why a custom portfolio is developed to match your income needs. To help you avoid the aforementioned mistakes, your financial advisor will develop an appropriate action plan and then put it on auto-pilot, all the while monitoring it and the market to ensure the strategy is aligned with your goals and provides for the best outcome.
Instead of you having to monitor the process, let us do the work for you, giving you more time to enjoy life and help you navigate towards your short, medium and long-term income goals. Visit our Investment Management Services section for more information.