Fiduciary Services: Help with Wills and Estates in South Africa
One of the often overlooked, yet, crucial aspects of financial planning is to make provision for succession. To this end, as part of our fiduciary services, we advise clients to do proper estate and financial planning, including the drafting of their will.
If you pass away without a proper and legally sound will in place, everything you have built up over the years will go to waste. The state will decide what will happen to your assets.
Your will must be updated every few years and whenever you sell assets like property. This is also true when you acquire new assets. What happens to the shares you have in a company when you pass away? These and other questions can be answered and dealt with to ensure your loved ones are not left without income or their inheritance.
Our range of services include, but are not limited to:
- Drafting of wills.
- Reviewing wills.
- Consulting on aspects of estate planning.
- Succession planning.
- Consultation related to testamentary trusts.
- Administration and liquidation of insolvent and deceased estates.
- Provision of a range of independent trustee fiduciary services.
Making use of our firm and its services holds several benefits, such as:
- One contact point for consultation, administration, and management of fiduciary aspects, helping you to maintain better control over important aspects like your will, trust, and estate.
- Proper succession planning by professionals to make provision for the future wealth and well-being of your family and dependants.
- Competitive prices with a fee structure tailored to your needs for will, trust, and estate administration.
- Well-established and credible national brand infrastructure for support and access to financial expertise.
- Professional and expert consultation services.
More About the Role of a Fiduciary
In legal terms, a fiduciary is an appointed person or organisation to act on behalf of another person. In most instances, the person works with trusts, wills, testaments and estates. To undertake this role, financial, and legal expertise is essential.
When you entrust your will, trust structuring and administration, estate planning, estate management or administration, and likes to our firm, you have the assurance of well-qualified and experienced professionals providing you with advice and ensuring the best management of your trust and estate according to best practices in the industry, and in compliance with legal requirements.
With the responsibilities and legal requirements associated with the role, you need experts who understand your particular will, testament, estate and trust structuring and administration needs. We meet every requirement of the role, including:
- Putting your needs and interests first.
- Committing to perform our legal responsibilities in line with the requirements of the relevant laws.
- Committing to giving you sound financial advice for the best possible outcome for you as our client.
Where to Get More Information
We are bound by the standards for the industry to uphold your best interests. Whether you need expert guidance in setting up a trust, want help with the drafting of a living will, or need assistance in administration of a deceased estate, reach out for more information about our range of fiduciary services.